Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Santa Monica Psychiatrist Katherine Watkins, M.D.

Katherine Watkins, M.D. is a Santa Monica-based psychiatrist with an office conveniently located on Overland Avenue just off the Santa Monica freeway. I welcome residents from all over West Los Angeles who are seeking diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of psychiatric disorders and emotional problems.

Treatment For A Variety Of Issues

I provide evaluation and treatment for psychiatric disorders and emotional issues, which include:
  • Mood problems, including depression, dysthymia, irritability, mood instability and bipolar disorder
  • Anxiety, and more specifically panic, post-traumatic stress, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety
  • Adult attention-deficit disorder.
  • Personality disorders
  • Adjustment difficulties with life transitions, bereavement and aging
  • Medical illness-related mood and anxiety problems 
  • Please note that I do not diagnose and treat dementia and generally do not see people with psychotic disorders 

The First Step Toward Changing Your Life

I believe people can best realize their potential to grow in the context of supportive relationships. I also believe that a good relationship with a therapist can change your life. I stay abreast of the research literature to give you state-of-the-art treatment that is scientifically supported by the most current evidence. This allows me to individualize treatment depending on your needs and preferences. As a patient, you will find that I believe in shared decision-making. I will strive to make sure that you understand the choices you have in terms of treatment options and the risks and benefits of treatment. In addition, I recognize that mental illness is a disease of the brain, and that medication, when used judiciously, can be enormously helpful in relieving suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment